Here is just a piece of Derrik's last email...
"hey family....here i am writing the last time...what a experience the mission has been. I have been through it all. I have fought hard and i have given it my all. I have been through ups and downs. I have seen miracles. I have seen sadnesses. I have seen close friends, people i consider my family slip through this life and return to their God. I have cried, i have laughed. I have returned home some nights SO frustrated with everything and wonder why we didnt have a good day. I have layed in ben just thinking of how i can help the people i am teaching. I have been rejected, spit on, yelled at, rocks thrown at me, pushed, guns pulled on me, laughed at, seen racism, and have been mocked. I have also had some of the sweetest moments that showed me and reminded me of my purpose. I have felt the spirit so strongly. I have born testimony with the power of God and through the spirit peoples lives have been changed. I have gotten lost in the desert searching for people to teach. I have been robbed and mugged. I have gone days without food, i have experienced hunger. I have tracted hours and hours in the Hot sun without any success. i have read the book of mormon 4 times and close to finish it the 5th time. I have studied Preach my Gospel many many times. I have recieved an answer of the truthfullness of the church almost every month on my mission. I have learned a new language. I have been supported by my loving family every step of the way. I have come to know my Savior. I have come to know my Creator, heavenly Father. I have gained a Rock solid, unshakable testimony of the church. I have gained spiritual knowledge, and will continue to apply it to my life. I know that i am in the true church. I am a soldier of God. I am a representive of the Savior jesus Christ. I thank you all for all you have done for me in the past 24 months. I look forward to seeing you all again and embracing you all in my arms. I miss you but i think i will miss being here more.... but i will come back again to visit these people."
Aw! He sounds sooo great! We are all so excited to see him next Tuesday!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment